Monday, May 03, 2004
CITIGROUP KUALA LUMPUR INTERNATIONAL LITERARY FESTIVAL
(29th July 2004 – 1st August 2004)
in conjunction with THE MALAYSIAN NATIONAL READING MONTH
Festival Highlights (confirmed to date)
1. CREATIVE WRITING COURSE from a leading University in Australia.
2. Dr Seuss exhibition by the Embassy of the United States.
3. James Joyce photo exhibition by the Embassy of Ireland.
4. James Joyce - Bloom's Day centenary reading and show by the Embassy of Ireland.
5. Poetry writing workshops with Mark O'Conner and others.
6. Playwriting and Drama workshop with Alfian Saat and others.
7. Film script writing workshop with Amir Muhammad and others.
8. Children's writing and Children's workshop by British Council
10. Children's short story competition by ASTRO.
11. Readings and socials with writers.
12. Pantun debates, sajak recitals, wayang kulit modern drama and other events uniquely literary Malaysian.
List of Writers confirmed to date is available on www.silverfishbooks.com
Thursday, 29th July 2004 to Sunday, 1st August 2004
RENAISSANCE Kuala Lumpur Hotel,
Corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail & Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2162 2233
Fax: +603-2163 1122
Registration fee includes conference kit, tea and lunch. Delegates will be allowed to attend all special forums and workshops, book launches and readings, which will be part of the Literary Festival. (The list is still being finalised and will be posted on the website as more information become available). Since places are limited, some of these will be on a first come first served basis. There may, however, be a nominal charge for some of these events to meet administrative and hospitality costs. The Fee does not include accommodation. But we have negotiated special rates for conference participants with Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, which you may wish to take advantage off.
i) Normal Fee: MYR 600.00 (USD 157.90)
ii) Early bird rate (valid up to Monday, 28 June 2004): MYR 450.00 (USD 118.42)
iii) Special rate for students, teachers, academics and writers (valid until
Monday, 28 June 2004): MYR 300.00 (USD 78.95)
How to pay:
Payment is to be made in United States Dollars or Malaysian Ringgit only. All payments must be accompanied by a registration form, which is available in PDF format on line or in hard copy from Silverfish Books.
i) Online: Secure online payment facilities have been arranged with Commerece Payment. Please follow instructions on the website www.silverfishbooks.com
ii) Bank Draft or Cheque payable to Kuala Lumpur International Literary Festival. Please make sure you include all bank charges for outstation and overseas cheques/drafts. Overseas Bank Drafts must be drawn in United States Dollars on a bank in Kuala Lumpur.
iii) Telegraphic Transfers to the Kuala Lumpur International Literary Festival account at Citibank, Kuala Lumpur A/C No: 0114595012. Please fax us the transfer details (Fax:+603-228 448 39) once this is done together with the registration form.
Posted by Zul at Monday, May 03, 2004